We are inviting Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Tertiary Institution Students to Write, Sing, Photograph or make a Video about Kaduna state. It is our hope to discover those exceptional people that not only know Kaduna but can also communicate it effectively through any of the category mentioned above.
Original works may be submitted on any of the following key areas; Writing, Singing Photograph, or Video. All works must be about Kaduna.
Prize will be awarded to the best entry from each category.
Primary School category (age 7-14) Grand Prize N50,000.00
Secondary School Category (age 11-20) Grand Prize N100,000.00
Higher Institutions (age 17-30) Grand Prize N100,000.00
Every other individual (age 7 – 30)
Grand Prize N100, 000.00
1. Each Participant must submit one entry on the following topic: “Kaduna:
Pre-Colonial, Post-Colonial and Kaduna State Today.
2. Participant must be a residence of Kaduna State
3. All participant must include their details such as: full name, email address,Age,School,
phone Number, full address, local government, social media handles (facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
4. Essay writing submission must be a maximum of:
1500 words for Primary School category.
5000 words for Secondary School category
10,000 words for Higher Institution category and every other individual.
5. For Photography It must be 5 pictures either coloured or black/white. Music
should be a normal 4 Minutes song and Video should not be more than 2 minutes (documentary style)
6. All Entries will be judged based on Content, creativity, style, structure and grammar
7. All entries must have atleast one of these captured in it e.g. Landmarks, Tribes, its people, the lifestyle.
8. Videos should be uploaded on YouTube Using @MyNewKaduna and also tag the page #mynewkaduna
9. All submissions must be received on or before 15th MAY 2017.
10.Winner will be Announced on the centenary celebration day.
HOW TO SUBMIT
All Entries should be uploaded at
Or Send Through email:
For Enquiries and further information